Grants boost for voluntary sector groups
Twelve voluntary sector organisations across the District are set to be awarded key grant funding from the Council.
The groups, which cover a wide variety of activities, have been recommended to receive the awards as part of its Community Revenue Grant (CRG) scheme.
Those recommended for receipt of the awards are:
- Volunteer Link Up (£12,000)
- Home-Start Oxford (£5,000)
- Lower Windrush Valley Project (£5,000)
- Wychwood Project (£30,000)
- Wild Oxfordshire (£2,000)
- Thomas Gifford Trust (£5,300)
- Chipping Norton Theatre (£25,900)
- Community First Oxfordshire (£11,800)
- Cotswold Conservation Board (£10,300)
- Age UK (£10,000)
- My Life My Choice (£3,356)
- Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire (£58,700)
Cllr Suzi Coul, Cabinet Member for Leisure and Health, said: “Funding is always difficult for voluntary community organisations, more so in the last year than ever.
“We have maintained these grants consistently as we know how important it is to them and all those who benefit from their sites and services.”
The grants were approved by the Council’s Cabinet on 24 March.
A residual grants budget remains to support further community grant applications that come forward during 2021/22.